No: 225; variant: 225H
- ROB ROY is frae the Hielands come
Down to the Lowland border,
And he has stolen that lady away,
To haud his house in order.
- He set her on a milk-white steed,
Of none he stood in awe,
Untill they reached the Hieland hills,
Aboon the Balmaha.
- Saying, Be content, Be content,
Be content with me, lady;
Where will ye find in Lennox land
Sae braw a man as me, lady?
- 'Rob Roy he was my father called,
MacGregor was his name, lady;
A' the country, far and near,
Have heard MacGregor's fame, lady.
- 'He was a hedge about his friends,
A heckle to his foes, lady;
If any man did him gainsay,
He felt his deadly blows, lady.
- 'I am as bold, I am as bold,
I am as bold, and more, lady;
Any man that doubts my word
May try my gude claymore, lady.
- 'Then be content, be content,
Be content with me, lady,
For now ye are my wedded wife
Until the day ye die, lady.'