The Twa Sisters
No: 10; variant: 10S
- 'O FATHER, father, swims a swan,'
This story I'll vent to thee
'O father, father, swims a swan,
Unless it be some dead woman.'
I'll prove true to my true love,
If my love prove true to me
- The miller he held out his long fish hook,
And hooked this fair maid from the brook.
- She offered the miller a gold ring stane
To throw her into the river again.
- Down she sunk, and away she swam,
Until she came to her father's brook.
- The miller was hung at his mill-gate,
For drowning of my sister Kate.