No: 12; variant: 12M
- 'WHERE hae ye been a' the day, my bonny wee croodin doo?'
'O I hae been at my stepmother's house; make my bed, mammie, now, now, now,
Make my bed, mammie, now!'
- 'Where did ye get your dinner?' my, etc.
'I got it at my stepmother's;' make, etc.
- 'What did she gie ye to your dinner?'
'She gae me a little four-footed fish.'
- 'Where got she the four-footed fish?'
'She got it down in yon well strand;' O make, etc.
- 'What did she do with the banes o't?'
'She gae them to the little dog.'
- 'O what became o the little dog?'
'O it shot out its feet and died;' O make, etc.